The purpose of hosting this competition is to prepare our students in sharpening their English speaking skills and in developing their critical thinking and reasoning skills. It will provide them the opportunity to discuss complicated topics calmly, clearly and competently. Persuasion skills are involved as well as understanding the breadth of the topics. Creativity is encouraged by offering a broad range of alternatives. It will also highlight the benefits of cooperation and teamwork, comradeship and cultural interconnection in their daily lives.
This year there are 5 topics
1. ASEAN should be integrated as one community like the European Union.
2. ASEAN should implement its own English Proficiency Requirements for College
3. Corporal punishments are good to instill discipline among children.
4. ASEAN should adopt a common currency system.
5. Arranged marriages are good for our society